Friday, September 5, 2014

You / Nee (Part 2)

My first sonnet in Tamil, following up on my previous sonnet in Hindi! Enjoy! :)

"Nee Indri":

Iravenna pagalenna,
Marandhu vitten neram.
Nee indri naan enna,
Manamo vegu dhooram.

Kaadhilo undhan kural,
Andru pol olikkiradhu.
Manadhilo undhan nizhal,
Indru kooda jolikkiradhu.

Kodumai idhu pol edhu,
Selvena idhai marandhu.
Kaalam koduttha thoodhu,
Adhuve idharku marundhu.

Un ninaivu alikkum alavillaadha aanandham.
Idhu allavo kaalatthal azhiyaadha perinbam.

Interpretation in English:

"Without You":

Nights and days fly by,
I've lost sense of time.
What am I without you,
Far away is my mind.

In my ears, your voice,
I keep hearing like that day.
In my mind, your form,
Still shines without going away.

There is no torture like this,
Move on, I don't know if I will.
But time has given me a hand,
Indeed, that is my only pill.

Memories of you now give me boundless joy.
This is a feeling even time cannot destroy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment